Recipe Shed - Five ingredients or less

Recipe Shed

I think I can manage this one! A recipe with five ingredients or less? Got to be an easy one to link up with @relunctanthousedad Recipe Shed. I really wanted to do a savoury dish, but all that kept running through my mind were the delicious Slimming World puddings! So have gone with that!

Orange Mousse - 1 Syn per serving

Ingredients
2 Oranges
Sugar free orange jelly sachet
3 egg whites
300g of fat free fromage frais or greek yogurt

Serves 4 (or just me, so then it's 4 syns per serving! lol) ....I'm greedy!

Grate the zest from the oranges, then peel and chop them up. Make up the jelly but only use about 200ml of hot water. Once dissolved add in half the orange zest and leave it to cool for a bit, but not set.

When cooled put the jelly in a food processor with 200g fromage frais or greek yogurt and the orange pieces and blend until the orange is in small pieces.  Transfer to a bowl and chill for about 15 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken up.

Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then fold into the mix and chill for about an hour (longer if you have it)  Serve decorated with the remaining fromage frais and orange zest.

I have made this in the past with lemon's and limes, just as delicious. (just change the jelly flavour to suit) So easy and really does help with any sweet cravings. I did however add a little bit of sweetner to the lime one, as it was bit too tart for my taste

Don't forget to get over and check out some more super easy recipes at the Recipe Shed

Update
As I was publishing this, I suddenly thought I could have done the Slimming World Scotch eggs!  Darn!!!! I am sure I can shoehorn that in another week!



No comments:

Post a Comment