Reasons to be Cheerful #R2BC - Guest Hosting


Here I am actually pretending to be a grown up (because sometimes I don't feel like one! Approaching 42, with two grown up kids and still feel some days I'm playing make believe like I did when a kid) Been trusted with hosting Michelle's wonderfully uplifting Reasons to be Cheerful #R2BC over at Mummy from the Heart

Hopefully you are all seeing this okay, the post went out when it should have, and the linky all works!

So onto my week!

1 I seem to have broken my coccyx, locally known as a 'broken bum!' I fell in the bath three weeks ago, but it took me a while to get myself off to the GP to confirm what I had already thought!

Not a lot can be done with it (I can't even imagine what a plaster cast would look like! Answers on a postcard ........) but on the bright side, the wonderful painkillers are doing there work and I feel more comfortable.

The other way to look at this is I am more active! I can't sit down comfortably, so am doing more tidying up! Sunday I managed to get the whole house looking tidy, four loads of washing done and most of it dried, said washing sorted into piles and what I could, put away! Plus wrote two blogs, planned my meals for the week and an internet shop

Every cloud has a silver lining!


Cremyll Ferry

2 Managed to complete a walk I've wanted to do for a long time.

While I recuperated from my operation I needed to walk a lot, and I've gotten the bug! I visited a childhood haunt, Mount Edgcumbe House and then walked over to Kingsand and Cawsand, getting the ferry back to Plymouth and walking back to the car, parked at the Cremyll Ferry. We managed over 5 miles that day, 5 very hilly miles I might add!

A good friend from work promised to do the walk with me, and we had a great time huffing and puffing up the cliff hills and sliding down the other side again! At one point as we took a breather after climbing up a particularly steep bit (It had steps and handrails for goodness sake!) taking advantage of a handy bench, through the tree she pointed out to me she could see someone running up the stretch we'd struggled with. To which I laughed and said 'no, that's a fit person coming up the hill, it just looks like running compared to us!'

3 It's 'A' level results day! Maybe not something to be cheerful in our house, as my son has confessed he's totally messed up the last year.

Reasons? Well, it has been a difficult time with my being ill, but he's also just seemed to lose his way and focus.

It's on my list though, because the waiting will be over for him (and us) at last. And although he probably hasn't done very well, he's already signed up to college to retake them.  I'm sure you would agree its better to come clean, accept your mistakes, draw a line under it and work towards putting in right.

I am very proud of him, its not many people who can admit something like this to themselves, let alone others.

So what have you guys been up to? Why not either leave me a comment or link yourself up using the handy linky at the bottom of the post (please please work!!!)

And don't forget to check out next week's guest poster  Seasider in the City Get yourself over there and bookmark the page early!

No comments:

Post a Comment